Council on Aging presents its Legislative Agenda on Aging 2011 “Engaging with Aging” Monday, February 21, 2011 (Presidents’ Day) 8:30 -10:30 a.m. at the Tyvola Senior Center, 2225 Tyvola Road, Charlotte, NC 28210.
Featured panelists include:
U.S. Congressman Mel Watt
N.C. Representative Becky Carney
Mecklenburg County Commissioner Karen Bentley
Charlotte Mayor Pro Tem Patrick Cannon
– Come to a FREE* event that’s open to the public.
– Meet your state, county, and city elected officials.
– Find out what your elected officials are doing to make Charlotte-Mecklenburg a senior-friendly community.
– Participate in an informative question & answer session with local leaders to discuss aging issues that could impact YOUR quality of life.
– Enjoy a complimentary light breakfast, networking opportunities, and valuable handouts.
– If youre getting older, know someone getting older, work with aging adults, and/or are interested in a senior-friendly community, this Legislative Agenda on Aging is for YOU!
*Donations are welcome but not required.
Seating is very limited! Make your reservation NOW! To register, call 704-391-5216 or send e-mail to RSVP@charmeckcoa.org.
CHS Senior Services
Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region
Older Adult Advocates:
Carriage Club Charlotte
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Senior Centers
Liberty Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
Senior Living Guide
It’s YOUR future…..Make sure it’s senior-friendly!