CHARLOTTE, generic N.C., April 20, 2012 –The 2012 Charlotte-Mecklenburg Senior Centers (CMSC) Golf Classic will take place on Monday, June 18th at Pine Island Country Club. Proceeds from the event will help CMSC meet their commitment to continue to provide quality programs and services to more than 4,000 older adults each year at their four locations in Mecklenburg County.
Registration and Breakfast begins at 8:00 a.m., a shot gun start at 9:00 a.m. and an awards luncheon following play. Entry fees are $100 per person if received on or before May 1st, and $125 per person after May 1st. Entry fees include; cart and green fees, use of locker room, practice facility & range balls, breakfast and lunch, awards and prizes, special drawing, and on-course contests. Corporate sponsorships opportunities are available.
Since its founding in 1983 as a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Senior Centers, a United Way Agency, has provided a wide range of assistance and services to older adults in this community. CMSC exists to enrich and empower older adults in the Charlotte region through varied programs and services to meet their needs. CMSC provides multiple programs and services to older adults from four locations:
- · The headquarters building at 2225 Tyvola Road
- · The Senior Center on Shamrock located near the Aldersgate community at 3925 Willard Farrow Drive
- · The Bette Rae Thomas Recreation Center in the West part of Charlotte
- · The North Mecklenburg Senior Center (formerly in Cornelius) now in Huntersville
Examples of CMSC programs that are making a positive difference in the lives of Charlotte/Mecklenburg seniors include:
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP): recruits and places volunteers
- Senior Employment Program: job counseling, training, and placement
- Senior Nutrition program: provides low-cost meals to seniors daily
- Multicultural program: outreach to Latin American, Chinese, Russian, and Asian immigrants
- Education: computer classes, lectures, drama and arts, and English and Spanish classes
- Health and Wellness: exercise classes, fitness suite, health screenings and workshops
For more information, contact CMSC at 704-522-6222, or visit its Web site at www.cmcharlotteseniorcenters.org.