“It’s so much more than moving!”
This year celebrates the 6th Annual National Senior Move Managers Week and promotes the role of the Senior Move Manager as a positive change agent in the later life transition process.
A Senior Move Manager is a professional who specializes in assisting older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or “aging in place”. As lives get busier and adult children are living further away or simply unable to give up as much time for various reasons; support is needed to help the older adult relocate and close up their home of 30 – 40 years. Senior move managers can provide help in the following ways:
– Developing an overall move or “age in place” plan
– Organizing, hospital sorting and downsizing
– Customized floor plans
– Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, buy viagra estate sale, site liquidation, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above.
– Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers
– Arranging shipments and storage
– Professional packing
– Unpacking of items and set up of the new home
– Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, escorting seniors, assisting with selection of realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold.
For more information or to locate a senior move manger in your area contact:
The National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) at: 877-606-2766
Or visit: www.NASMM.org